Axiom Zen combines the best parts of a start up, venture capital firm, and incubator to create a flexible platform to serve as the sustainable home for brilliant people. In order to enable this, we know that we need to build the best of each of our functions to support organizational growth and sustain the portfolio of leading technology companies we are endeavouring to build.
We are currently seeking an energetic AP Clerk to support our dynamic accounting and financial reporting functions across the Axiom Zen portfolio. You will work directly with the finance team to support the month-end closing process, while constantly seeking opportunities to refine the sophistication of our financial reporting capabilities and accelerating our timelines to deliver.
You understand that technology companies move fast and that leaders need accurate and timely data to inform decision making. You have a hyper focused attention to detail, with high intrinsic motivation to get to the correct answer to satisfy your own curiosity.
Together, we will build out robust and scalable processes and workflows from which Axiom Zen can optimize the growth and development of its existing portfolio, while augmenting the foundation from which we will launch the next wave of leading technology companies.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Receiving and matching invoices to purchase orders / agreements and inputting invoices accurately into accounting system
- Communicating with functional teams, gathering information for accurate cost coding to facilitate internal and external reporting needs
- Tracking invoice aging to ensure effective coordination with pay cycles
- Assisting in the development of processes and controls to ensure efficiency of the AP function
- Reconciling corporate credit card transactions on a daily basis
- Supporting the Finance team with period close procedures as required
- Assisting with external audit requirements
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
A little about you:
- Completion of Accounting or Business Administration degree
- You have relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in companies with high-volume (multi-million) transactions and / or tech and startup environments.
- Experience with Xero and / or Netsuite would be an asset.
- You have demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- You are excited about emerging technology like blockchain / cryptocurrency, SaaS, mobile apps, AI, and machine learning.
- You have solid proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Excel), and Google Suite.
- You are flexible and willing to go that extra mile to gain more knowledge and experience.
A little about us:
Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio. Our portfolio companies combine creativity and experience to test new ground in emerging tech - our mission is to inspire delight through thoughtful user experiences. Our portfolio includes:
Axiom Zen is the company behind world leading blockchain applications including CryptoKitties, the Dapper smart contract wallet, and NBA Top Shot. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Dapper Labs was recently named one of Fast Company’s 10 innovative gaming companies of 2021.
ZenHub helps development teams build better software faster. Over 200,000 developers, product owners, and project managers in organizations ranging from disruptive startups to global enterprises have leveraged ZenHub to improve their software development lifecycle and deliver value to their customers.
At Axiom Zen, we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, diverse opportunities for learning and development, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.