Bay Area Community Services - BACS is looking for an Accountant to perform accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This is a high volume, fast paced accounting team with enterprise accounting software and a paperless expense and recordkeeping systems. We are looking for an organized problem solver who is known for thier attention to detail and accuracy.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Accountant provides support to the Finance department and is responsible for recording all financial accounts and transactions in the MIP accounting system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Functions)
Under the direction of the Finance Director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer, the Accountant performs complex and responsible general ledger, accounting and payroll duties in assigned areas.
General responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Perform regular accounting duties in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, including all claims, posting of claims, aging and collections, in coordination with program administrators, managers and agency leadership;
- Complete all required accounting functions is support of timely and accurate month-end and year-end closing procedures;
- Review daily bank activities and collaborate with bank regarding positive pay;
- Prepare records and reports including financial statements, reimbursement claims and reconciliations;
- Manage all general ledger and journal entries, including cash and credit card receipts, cash disbursements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue releases, payroll accounts, forecasting, and reporting;
- Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable on a monthly basis;
- Maintain files and accounting records consistent with company policy, and as applicable to federal and state laws;
- Prepare and issue manual checks, as needed;
- Assist in the annual budgeting process, annual financial audits, or other fiscal-related projects;
- Provide back up support to A/P, A/R and payroll functions of the department, as required; and
- Other duties as assigned
For the Accountant assigned to Payroll Coordinator, additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Consult with Sr. Director of HR, managers and supervisors to correct, finalize and process electronic timesheets and transportation expense reimbursements as per BACS’ established schedules and deadlines. Inform the HR Director when the timesheet data has been finalized, downloaded and ready for review prior to transmission. Provides overall payroll processing backup;
- Complete quarterly filing of the Multiple Worksite Report (MWR) in a timely manner;
- Monitor and complete monthly benefit reconciliation;
- Review payroll for accuracy and distributes paychecks per company policy; and
- Prepare monthly payroll-related financial close entries.
- Maintains a customer service and strength-based orientation. Embraces diversity in all aspects.
- Works well with others and behaves professionally and ethically while developing professionally.
- Is adaptable and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
- Ensures confidentiality with respect to organizational or client information and data.
- Formulates, analyzes, and processes transactions in accordance with professional standards and policies.
- Expresses facts and ideas verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and organized manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications of Word, Outlook and systems–based documentation platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Associate’s Degree in Accounting plus three (3) years of general accounting experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the General Acceptable Accounting Practices (GAAP).
- Must have knowledge of general ledger entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and computer applications.
The position requires frequent sitting at a desk, with occasional standing and walking. Frequent computer use is required. Lifting is required occasionally, of no more than 10 lbs. at a time. Dexterity is required for paper manipulation and typing. The position requires the ability to see, hear and speak.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Pay Incentive for working all shifts during COVID shelter in place orders. Read More about BACS COVID19 Precautions & Response here.
- Free iPhone with unlimited data for personal/professional use + laptop for easy mobility*
- Annual bonus if agency meets goals
- Pro-rated paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees
- Accrued days off (PTO/Holiday), increasing with tenure.
- Clinical supervision hours towards licensure*
- Annual holiday party, summer party, staff appreciation events
- Significant internal growth opportunities
- Free access to beautiful facility spaces on weekends for events (family parties, baby showers, receptions, birthdays)
The work is performed primarily at BACS’ administrative headquarters in an office environment.
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER