Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible. Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to-peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always continue to be fun, exciting and results driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology and a team that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to handle integration and API questions from clients and developers building integrations that use our API. You will engage with our customers' and partners’ developers, architects, 3rd party consultants and support personnel to resolve complex problems. A Classy platform expert, you will provide hands-on functional troubleshooting, feature explanation, and best practice guidance during critical and time sensitive situations. While you don’t need to be a seasoned developer, you should have some experience writing code, building API integrations, and overseeing data migrations. In this role, you should expect to find yourself in the middle of conversations with developers from many of our clients, and interfacing regularly with our product teams.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist clients integrating with the Classy API; you’ll be an expert in our best practices, plugins, and code samples.
- Answer inquiries that come into API support via email and our developer forums.
- Help customers understand the finer points of Classy capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Classy in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- Work cross functionally with Support, Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Analyze and understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management and product team in order to better improve our support process and the product itself.
- Build and create public facing technical documentation, user guides, and support articles enabling 3rd party consumption of our platform and API, and identify areas that could be clarified via our developer portal.
- Build custom example integrations to reproduce/test with client issues.
- Escalate issues and feature requests to the engineering lead and product manager.
- Reach out to plugin developers whose integrations could be improved.
- Point plugin users to the right support channels, which often requires researching the plugin and finding the support information (or lack thereof).
What you must bring to the table:
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A firm understanding of RESTful practices, APIs, SaaS.
- Experience supporting public-facing API services a plus.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills.
- Must be a self-starter. Those that require a playbook need not apply.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience.
- Attendance of programming/coding bootcamps.
- Experience using an issue tracker such as Jira.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- iOS and Android programming experience.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations.
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off (vacation/sick), along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays once per month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.