Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Media/Open-Source Analyst with Arabic fluency to serve as a social media analyst within the USCENTCOM portfolio of a web-based Military Information Support Operations (MISO) program. The Analyst will develop and maintain expertise with designated regional issues and draws upon publicly available online information resources.
- Reads, analyzes, and drafts communications regarding regional and ideological discussions in specified foreign language media environments.
- Analyzes current media statements or postings to support trend analysis and identifies key communicators.
- Demonstrates reading and writing expertise in Arabic and incorporates custom social media solutions to comprehend online environments and communicate trends effectively.
- Assists with operations planning.
- Ability to work nonstandard hours and in on-call status for periods of time may be required.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Fluency in Arabic
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with Open-Source tools to aid aggregation and analysis of social media
- Demonstrated knowledge of online social media and different technologies, and documents activities, notes, informative papers, or white papers written in English
- 3+ years of related experience
- Familiarity and understanding of the social media environment in the CENTCOM AOR
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Experience supporting Information Operations or MISO
- Experience collecting and analyzing Publicly Available Information (PAI) directly or through the use of analytical tools
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.