Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. The Architect role focuses on enhancing and maintaining Payments and compliance services at scale for mobile, web and other platforms used by all Zynga games.
- Enhance and maintain Payments SDKs for all supported platforms.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture.
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Research competing solutions, industry standards, and trends.
- Evaluate and architect new Payment systems and technologies.
- Collaborate with development and product teams to ensure business requirements are successfully translated into technical solutions which follow engineering standards.
- Hands-on approach where needed including contributing to feature development, supporting Payments services in production and contributing to on-call.
- Working effectively with the team, providing technical mentorship and contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Expert knowledge in C#, C++ or Java.
- Knowledge of backend server applications, web services, REST APIs, SQL, AWS, etc.
- Experience in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems.
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following: Unity, Unreal, iPhone SDK, Xcode, Android SDK, HTML5, XML/JSON.
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with Compliance / Regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!