CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Architectural Designer based in our Baltimore, MD office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This entry-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of project teams. Under the direct supervision of a Licensed Architect and project leadership the primary responsibilities will include the following:
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Under direct supervision of the Project Architect or Project Designer, contribute to the design process by utilizing various software platforms such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch-up.
- Build physical building models.
- Produce architectural documentation under supervisory direction.
- Produce graphics materials and images for client presentations under supervisory direction.
- Assist in product research under direct supervision of Project Architect or Project Manager.
- Assist with research of building code information as directed by Project Architect.
- Participate in the review of shop drawings and submittals under supervisory direction.
- Attend in-house project team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Architecture OR non-professional Bachelor degree within a school offering a NAAB accredited program required by hire date. B.Arch or M.Arch from an accredited program preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.