The Art Director will work closely with the Creative Directors, Producers and Artists in Los Angeles providing art direction and creative leadership to projects from pitching and pre production through to delivery, with the goal of ensuring consistently high quality of visual work throughout the studio.
Day to day the Art Director will be involved in pitching for projects, putting together pitch decks, ideation and visual development for projects in both pre production and during production. We are a small Design team in Los Angeles and everyone works on a broad variety of tasks, so along with the focus on art direction there will also be on the box requirements on projects as needed.
It is essential for the Art Director to have extensive experience in a wide variety of visual styles, with previous experience as an art director and senior designer, a brilliant aesthetic with a wide variety of looks, and a great understanding of the creative process.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require working onsite in our Los Angeles studio.
- Provide art direction to generate inspirational, conceptual and creative ideas collaborating with the creative directors and producers.
- Involvement in pitches, working on the ideation process and putting together look frames for pitch decks illustrating creative concepts across a wide variety of styles and aesthetic looks
- Briefing other members of the artist team and leading successful creative sessions for project kick-offs
- Leading projects both independently or with others seniors members of the team, depending on the project, schedule and team
- Create and design where necessary, in collaboration with others or individually to suit the task at hand
- Present concepts and design ideas to clients, interpreting feedback and making recommendations where appropriate
- Create style frames, storyboards and animatics, animate and deliver projects from beginning to end
- Keep an overview on technology and software advances, strive to be up to date with the best tools for the team
- Involvement in recruitment and mentoring junior artists in Los Angeles with a focus on the design team
- Maintain and constantly push the quality of output for the Los Angeles office
- Work Directly with the Head of US Design to further establish Design offering.