Described by Forbes as “Tech’s Next Billion Dollar Star” Rent the Runway is set to disrupt the $1.7T Global Fashion Industry by ensuring that rental is a habitual, convenient, daily part of getting dressed. We believe that every woman in the U.S. and soon every woman in the world, should have a subscription to fashion that is powered by a mobile-first experience, aided by top-notch customer service and serviced by omni-channel capabilities. We also believe that fashion is an industry that should be democratized by giving everyone access to the real thing and the associated feelings of self-confidence that comes with. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised over $125MM and built a transformative business model, proprietary technology all coded in-house, a unique reverse-logistics operation and one of the most beloved brands on earth. 5MM women in the U.S. are members of our community - many have used Rent the Runway for some of the most important events in their lives. We have also launched a foundation to support female entrepreneurship and help women build scalable businesses. There is a revolutionary spirit in our founding DNA that permeates to our culture today; Our team is smart, aggressive, entrepreneurial and ready to continue challenging old systems and rewriting new rules.
Rent the Runway is looking for a mid-level art director, with a design background, to join our growing creative services team. The successful candidate will partner with retail and marketing/strategy teams to bring to life the retail vision, across all customer touchpoints including the physical space, promotions, content as well as design. You would work cross-functionally to conceptualize, design and produce both printed and digital material to service the company. If you have a passion for customer experience, design, and a desire to work in a creative entrepreneurial environment, we should talk.
- Develop creative concepts to support key marketing initiatives
- Design and produce printed collateral, signs, packaging and presentations that are consist with RTR’s visual style
- Oversee implementation of visual style in the RTR physical space, including pulling design reference, sourcing product, and physical installation
- Supervise photo shoots as needed and oversee all creative details, including shot lists, set design/props, and on set direction.
- Play an integral role in all new store design development in an effort to deliver an outstanding customer experience. Understand local market needs and incorporate into the vision for the design development
- Excel at interior design and digital and interactive experiences to keep RTR at the cutting edge of innovative retail experiences
- Work closely with Visual Merchandiser to execute store window designs and store floor plans
- Ability to multi-task between projects in a fast paced environment
- Responsible for establishing strategic creative direction for the retail division
- Partner with customer research team to continually learn about our customers and their behaviors and use learnings to drive design decisions
Design emails, banners and digital assets for our site as needed
- Work with vendors to manage inventory and negotiate pricing/delivery schedules
- Create tech packs as needed
- Collaborate with the creative, marketing and product/tech teams to conceptualize, design, and execute brand creative
- Work on special projects directed by the Creative Director
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of hands-on experience creating both digital and print work
- Strong conceptual thinking and design sensibilities
- Direct experience as a partner in developing and shaping retail design strategy
- Ability to collaborate with visual merchandising team to ensure store design strategy supports visual merchandising execution
- Project management strength: able to plan, prioritize, organize and delegate work effectively
- A passion for fashion and great attention to detail
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A love for typography and grid-based design
- Interest in learning and growing
- Self-motivated, resourceful and hardworking
- Proactive, positive attitude
- Must be a team player that is able to equally contribute and listen to others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, and the tools for print and web design; Squarespace experience is a plus
- Understanding of retail, HTML and CSS is a plus, but not required
Note: please include a link to your portfolio as part of your application.