At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers travel to fashion capitals around the globe to source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying Academy workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
Trade/ Intake management
- Assisting Buyer with Monday morning trade analysis/commentary where requested
- Supporting Buyer to chase in trade opportunities - recuts, colour ups, SMUs
- Assists Buyer/ Planner to prepare replen analysis and requests from brands whilst ensuring CA is aware of order set up deadlines
- Assists with the management of SKU lifecycle/ re-coding
- Assists Buyer/ Planner to support with core line management
- Supports CA to inform Buyer and Planner of any intake risk to LAFC for next 4 - 6 weeks
- Assists team to hold suppliers accountable for delivery failure (e.g. late deliveries, under deliveries)
- Confirms and secures late fee payment process with brands
- Ensures accurate data integrity across all tools including Brand Plan
- Send weekly / monthly vendor reports to A brands vendors (including WSSI)
- Reviews best and worst product reports and provides key findings to Buyer
- Run vendor performance reports for showings and internal meetings
- Assists Buyer with SWOT analysis
- Ability to use all internal systems and manipulate data to assist buyer
- Checks all reports for accuracy before handing over to buyer ad/or brand
- Chase & ensure sustainability attributes are received
- Attend showings, on request of the Buyer, and action follow up notes/ create order profiles for ICONICreate
- Assists Buyer with contract on-boarding process in Jira for new brand onboarding (Legal/ VM/ Marketing/ Finance)
- Vendor markdown and rebate contribution collection
- Build strong and professionally reciprocal relationships with suppliers
- Assistant Buyer experience in a multi-brand fashion/ retail environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Thrive on building successful and long term business relationships
- You're naturally inquisitive with a love for numbers and a strong understanding of how to review and report using Excel
- A passion for retail! You’re a trend enthusiast and love all things Womens Footwear and Accessories
- You have strong levels of attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
Location & Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! Our huge Fulfilment Centre is based in Yennora, Western Sydney and has a neat new office to work out of at times.
So, what else does THE ICONIC offer?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous employee discounts
- Birthday leave!
- Loads of learning opportunities and support
- Discounts on Health Insurance and Pet Insurance
- Gym Membership Perks
- Multiple Sydney hubs to work from including our dog-friendly Sydney CBD Office
- Opportunities to support our community & sustainability partners
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.