At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has nearly 400,000 registered users, including over 123,000 accredited investors. Private shares have traded in more than 400 companies since inception, representing over $10 billion in volume across 19,000 transactions with buyers and sellers in 70 countries. Through its custody offering Forge Trust, the company has approximately $14 billion in assets under custody and about $600 million of cash across 1.9 million customers.
Needless to say, our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
We are looking for an Assistant Controller who will have responsibility for the administration of all internal and external financial reporting processes and controls. This role will support the financial reporting needs for our internal business partners and for external reporting as required.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for all day-to-day transactional accounting including the following: general ledger, compensation, debt and equity accounting, leases, fixed assets, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Direct a timely, disciplined and accurate monthly worldwide accounting close process.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting within the US as and international jurisdictions, including consolidations, intercompany accounting, chart of accounts maintenance and journal entries.
- Manage tax accounting including transfer pricing, sales/use tax, and gross receipts/franchise taxes. Partner with external tax advisors to ensure proper recording and disclosure of deferred taxes.
- Monitor accounting activities across the organization including interpreting and developing policies to ensure compliance with company SOX policies and US GAAP/SEC and other statutory regulations.
- Drive a continuous improvement approach to develop strategies to improve accounting operations efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including the development and execution of policy, processes, and systems changes.
- Supervise and review reconciliations within financial reporting to ensure accurate and complete financial information.
- Manage, mentor and develop a professional accounting team.
- Support SEC reporting, internal SOX audits and external financial audits.
- Partner with FP&A team to ensure accuracy of financial information and maintain close review of revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Assist with technical accounting research on key corporate transactions, preparation of technical accounting memos and communication of technical accounting conclusions to management.
- Lead special projects as needed, working closely with Tech/Product Development, Legal, HR.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience designing and managing the accounting close process
- Expertise with GAAP, SEC reporting standards, and accounting policy
- Solid comprehension of ASC 606, 842
- Experience working with external auditors and tax providers
- Working knowledge of SOX controls, financial systems and implementations, automation of accounting operational processes
- The ability to work cross-functionally to obtain all relevant facts, understand business requirements, articulate accounting requirements and communicate conclusions
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, timeline management skills and attention to detail
- Industry experience in fintech and/or financial services preferred
- NetSuite and Adaptive Insights experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong with Word and Excel
- A desire to work in a fast growing, exciting and agile business
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.