The Assistant Corporate Controller reports to the Corporate Controller and is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting, systems, compliance activities and management financial reports.
In addition, this role includes recruiting and developing a talented team of accounting professionals.
The Assistant Corporate Controller role also involves high level interaction with the Executive Directors and extensive interaction with the Finance Operation, other business managers and teams. The role necessitates strong leadership, management and team-working skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
Management & Financial Accounts
- Oversee the Accounting functions.
- Lead the Company’s financial accounting and close processes, drive financial reporting, and analysis.
- Ensure consolidated financial statements are in accordance with U.S. GAAP reporting requirements, Local GAAP requirements and company policies.
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in our business systems and activities.
- Design, establish, and maintain strengthen internal controls.Coordinate and provide information for line-of-business financial planning and budget management functions.
- Coordinate with Tax Team to make sure all companies are in compliance with rulings and the statutory filings are on time.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects, including opportunities to collaborate with other departments across the company.
- Identify and communicating issues to the Group Controller
- Manage and correspond with local accounting professionals and auditors for all statutory financial reporting
- Influence team to produce quality deliverables within tight time frames, while simultaneously managing several projects
- Monitor accounting and associated IT systems create appropriately debtors/creditor/nominal ledger and booking system interdependencies.
- Review reconciliations of all significant account balances including bank accounts (daily) and fixed assets, debtors and creditors (monthly), and reporting significant exceptions to FC.
- Monitor cost of key processes include overhead cost and implement the necessary and effective processes as appropriate Review all cost categories in detail each quarter.
- Implement accounting procedures in place e.g. write off aged account payable/account receivable, provisional etc.
- Implement workflow manual of each function e.g. closing process, account payable/receivable process that relate to account coding.
Qualifications & Skills:-
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting/Finance and preference for C.P.A.
- Accounting Standard knowledge (e.g. IFRS, US GAAP, and Local Accounting Standard)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in auditing / accounting field, preferable in the online service industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience in supervisory level.
- Familiar with audit procedures, and production of financial statements.
- Proficient PC skills, ERP is preferable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English & good presentation skills.
Personality or Traits:-
- Strong analytical and problem solving, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking, mature, positive attitude, hardworking, and team oriented.
- Willing to work extra hours if necessary.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and changeable environment.