The Hoxton is making its way to Italy!
In May 2021 we’ll be opening The Hoxton, Rome and we’re looking for an experienced Assistant Finance Director to play a crucial part in successfully bringing a new concept to the Italian market.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible to ensure that we meet compliance and regulatory standards, monitor and manage accounts for our Rome hotel.
The Hoxton, Rome will be our 10th Hoxton and boast 192 bedrooms of different sizes, a large coffee bar and takeaway counter, light-flooded restaurant and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events space concept).
What you'll do...
- Ensure finance systems are in place and oversee the financial day-to-day for the hotel, including managing site revenue (and any variances), overseeing the sales ledger, and highlighting and anticipate eventual issues on payments that should be made and received as expected – working closely with Finance Director and accounts payable and payroll provider.
- Oversee our financial processes, keeping an eye on how we can improve ways of working.
- Participate in monthly reporting, taking on our month-end process that incorporates P&Ls, Balance sheet and cashflow.
- Develop the team, creating an environment where they can be themselves and can feel the value they’re adding.
- Support your business partners in building accurate and timely their activities.
What we're looking for...
- 3-5 years hotel finance experience, experience of hotel opening would be a plus.
- Accounting experience.
- Technical skill, preferably with a strong understanding of compliance requirements, best practice hotel operations.
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Rome (and Italy) and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels, but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.