Tanium is seeking a top-tier attorney for the role of Assistant General Counsel, Corporate, Products & Transactions, reporting to Tanium’s General Counsel. This role will work on diverse and complex legal and business issues that require excellent judgment, flexibility, and creative/critical thinking with a practical and business-friendly approach. This is an opportunity to join the company at a rapid growth phase and contribute to its success.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the General Counsel with corporate governance and equity, including board materials, investor relations and management of the employee equity incentive plan.
- Manage and mentor attorneys in each functional area (corporate, product and transactions).
- Work on corporate transactions, including equity financings and outbound investments.
- Manage formation and ongoing compliance for international entities around the world.
- Proactively advise stakeholders and manage complex legal issues related to evolving product roadmap, including data privacy, intellectual property, open source export, and other regulatory compliance and best practices throughout the product development cycle.
- Strategically manage intellectual property portfolio and litigation.
- Partner on issues related to compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to government contractors.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to Tanium’s product.
- Negotiate and serve as escalation point on complex partnership, software licensing (on-premises and SaaS) and support agreements, inbound SaaS and other technology agreements, real estate, employment, marketing, consulting, and other vendor agreements.
- Partner with other team members on development and updates of templates, processes, and playbooks as business models evolve.
- Help in designing, building, and improving legal department processes to keep up with hyper growth.
- Manage outside counsel.
We’re looking for someone with:
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice in at least one of the United States, preferably California.
- 15+ years experience with a mix of large law firm and in-house preferred
- Significant (7+ years) experience in each functional area (corporate, product and transactions).
- Experience working on financings, equity plans and corporate governance.
- Experience coordinating across business lines to keep current on business activities and future plans and advising business partners in the implementation of compliance processes for legal and contract requirements.
- Strong commercial experience with customers, partners and vendors.
- Experience advising product management on applicable laws and regulations, with specific experience in data privacy.
- Experience working with global sales and business development teams.
- A motivated self-starter with flexibility and ability to provide high-quality work on a wide range of complex matters with minimal supervision, often in a time-sensitive and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently project manage.
- Is ethical and has strong business acumen and savvy, good common sense and sound and pragmatic judgment, particularly in time sensitive, critical situations.
- Is self-confident and can instill confidence in, and effectively communicate and deal with, business and legal counterparts inside and outside the Company and with C-level executives.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Strong analytical, strategic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
- Sense of humor and superior work ethic.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.