Supermodel & Entrepreneur, Tyra Banks coined the word "SMiZE" to mean "smile with your eyes". While “Smizing” started as Tyra’s modeling trademark, it has evolved into a globally-known gaze for everyone to enjoy, and is evolving again to mean much more - happiness, confidence, kindness, self-love and overcoming life’s challenges. SMiZE Cream is a new premium and indulgent ice cream brand with an edible surprise in every serving. Launching in Los Angeles in 2020 and expanding across the country, SMiZE Cream sells ice cream, apparel and much more to adults and children alike.
SMiZE Cream Team has a passion for service and delivers exceptional guest experiences that bring the SMiZE Cream Shop to life. Team members will perform various duties throughout the LA SMiZE Cream location including guest service, sales, entertainment, maintenance, and concession responsibilities.
ASSISTANT MANAGER & VIP HOST JOB ROLE
The Assistant Manager & VIP Host is a key part of the day to day operations team for SMiZE Cream: Santa Monica. They are responsible for the successful planning and operation of VIP table service offered at the Santa Monica storefront. The position will work in parallel with other assistant managers or shift leads responsible for general sales and retail. The Assistant Manager & VIP Host will report to the Storefront Manager.
- Coordinate front and back of house staff to deliver a premium table service experience that includes retail and entertainment in addition to dining.
- Build shift schedules and approve time cards within budgets dictated by Storefront Manager.
- Analyze performance and provide sales feedback; generate weekly sales reports.
- Organize and operate customer reservations using electronic system.
- Act as host and primary customer point of contact for face to face interactions.
- Perform server duties if necessary, walking guests to the dining section, taking customer’s food and drink orders as needed.
- Train new SMiZE Cream Team Members and current employees.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the SMiZE Cream products and services.
- Explain and promote the rules and regulations of SMiZE Cream.
- Contribute to the Guest Experience by anticipating guests’ needs and offering information, such as directions or recommendations.
- Engage and entertain all guests to ensure a positive experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of table service restaurant operations experience in a supervisor level role or higher.
- Proven guest service experience in a leadership role.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge and ability to remember ingredients and food and drink products.
- PREFERRED: Experience using a restaurant management software (ex. OpenTable.) and POS systems (ex. Shopify POS).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in restaurant, retail, hospitality, or similar location-based entertainment setting preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills—written, oral and visual.
- Ability to keep inventory organized.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender expressions and ethnic backgrounds of staff and guests.
- Ability to work long hours and work with a flexible schedule.
- Work in standing and walking position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May have to work at heights, around moving machinery, and with exposure to noise, vibration, and dust.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors.
- This position is located in Santa Monica, CA
ModelLand and SMiZE Cream have instituted rigorous procedures for sanitation and employee safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Face and hand protection, cleaning procedures, shift schedules, and guest service guidelines have all been created to protect employees to the highest standards, meeting or exceeding CA and Federal guidelines.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned. SMiZE Cream is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.