Property Operations Assistant Project Manager
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now.
Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Carvana’s Infrastructure Development department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, thrive on ambiguity, and juggle as many things at once. Don’t forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing multiple small to medium size Tenant Improvement projects for the Market Operations Delivery Hub locations
- Manage site assessment process to gauge developing scopes for new market projects and existing market expansion projects from initiation, due diligence, planning, execution, monitoring, and close-out
- Assist in the design/layout of the potential project, taking into account various factors related to the business need of the site/location.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure smooth project execution
- Assist with developing and maintaining project budgets and process invoices
- Negotiation, selection and contracting process of external vendors and construction contractors
- Assist in leading meetings related to assigned projects.
- Manage in the transition of a project from construction to PROPS to ensure successful project closeout and the right path to regular maintenance.
- Assist with quality control and improved processes for continued success for projects working with both internal and external resources
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- 2+ years of experience in the facility management and/or construction field
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage varying workload requirements; can shift gears comfortably, manages competing demands, delays or unexpected events
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral
- Ability to build relationships with peers, executive level management, and external vendors
- Willingness to work within multiple time zones
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel as needed, up to 15-30%, dependent on facilities needs
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
It would be great if you also had
- Experience in reading commercial contracts (master agreements/work orders) and understanding contract scopes
- Experience reading blueprints, floor plans and site plans
- Experience in communicating with city jurisdictions
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.