Wayfair is growing rapidly! With over 5000 employees in our Boston Headquarters and ~9000 employees worldwide, Wayfair is looking for a highly engaged, dynamic project management team to help us rethink office construction and standardize builds across our North American field offices and in our Boston headquarters.
The scope of the opportunity is remarkable: we have hundreds of people joining the Wayfair team every month in dozens of offices across the US and Europe; we are adding new buildings at an astonishing rate. Our Workplace Services team is evolving our processes and scaling our teams to quickly to keep up with the explosive demand and headcount growth.
The Workplace Services Jr. Project Manager is responsible for supporting and coordinating various construction build outs and other important multi-stage projects throughout North America. The ideal candidate for this role, is an organized, strategic and detail orientated, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. Strong process management and communication skills with the ability to build consensus are musts. This role is responsible for managing all stages of multiple projects concurrently, while managing stakeholder expectations, and holding internal and external partners to tight budgets and timelines. Not intimidated by obstacles, the ideal candidate instead uses creativity to produce solutions that keep projects on track and on budget.
- Responsible for multiple projects from inception to delivery.
- Partner with the Real Estate team to develop project scope, delivery requirements, budget and timelines, and assists with site evaluations and due diligence.
- Prepare various RFP’s needed for Architects, General Contractors and Consultants. Lead the selection process then negotiate contracts and onboard selected partners.
- Lead cross-functional coordination of internal and external partners to develop project design, budget and master project schedule, while seeking approval from business leadership at key stages of the project.
- Initiate design/construction resolutions and lead value engineering process.
- Implement weekly design/construction meetings and publish updates to keep business leadership and partners well informed of project progress.
- Track progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, and timelines. Hold internal and external partners accountable to ensure delivery on time and budget.
- Ensure FF&E is ordered, received, and installed correctly.
- Track invoices/budget throughout project and publish monthly cash flow reporting.
- Manage closeout process with Facilities Manager while preparing business partners for building launch.
- 3+ years in project management in a construction or design related field.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret leases, contracts, architectural drawings, engineering plans and product specifications.
- Working knowledge of construction process.
- Experience with AutoCAD software a plus.
- Strong financial and administrative skills.
- Works well independently, leads and motivates cross-functionally to deliver multiple projects on time/budget while maintaining quality standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly in fast-paced real estate and construction environment.
- Strong senior presence and presentation skills. Able to build confidence with partners and senior business leaders.
- Travel about 30-40% of the time to sites.