Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 230 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Corporate FP&A team at Netflix is responsible for company-wide financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. We derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company, and the Corporate FP&A team plays a key role in this area. Senior management heavily depends on the Corporate FP&A group to accurately track trends in performance and identify opportunities for improvement, and the outcome of our group’s analyses plays a critical role in the important and strategic decision making for the company.
The main focus for this Associate will be supporting the expense side of P&L. Successful candidates have a commitment toward action, have exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. The position reports into the Manager of Corporate Strategy, Planning & Analysis (SP&A) and is based in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Los Gatos.
- Coordinating monthly and quarterly reconciliations for forecast vs. actuals
- Coordinating and reconciling quarterly budget transfer process
- Performing financial scenario analysis to support strategic decision making
- Building management reporting packages for headcount, expenses and contingent talent
- Working with partners in SP&A, Accounting, and Planning Technology teams to improve forecast accuracy and planning process
- Supporting ad hoc reporting and analytical projects
- Supporting cross functional projects related to financial data quality and reporting
- Supporting regional SP&A teams deliver quarterly business updates
- 3+ years of experience in a highly analytical environment, preferably in a management/operational consulting firm or a competitive financial/operational rotational program, with extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Must be a self-starter, disciplined to work effectively autonomously, while also collaborating with cross-functional teams
- A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions; defining, performing and coordinating analyses; and communicating findings in a clear and concise way
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Superior proficiency with MS Excel is expected; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages a plus. Tableau, Anaplan and Essbase knowledge a plus
- Experience in accounting concepts and financial planning a plus
- Genuine passion and excitement for Netflix’s unique culture.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $60,000 - $290,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here