SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Corporate Strategy and Business Development team at SiriusXM is responsible for corporate wide strategic planning and identifying, evaluating and executing on acquisitions, investments and partnerships to further the Company's strategic goals. Role will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Strategy and Business Development and is responsible for insights and assessments relating to opportunities that SiriusXM should pursue financially or operationally. The successful candidate will be able to prepare presentations, perform financial analyses and generate well-articulated recommendations based on their research and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support deal execution for investments and acquisitions, including performing industry and company research, analyzing and interpreting financial statements, building financial and valuation models and performing due diligence.
- Assist with review of key strategic opportunities and conduct build, buy, partner analyses to determine best path to fulfill those strategic objectives.
- Perform research on the fast changing media and technology landscape and its impact on our business.
- Work across the organization including with the programming, product, operations, finance, marketing and legal groups to support evaluation and execution of new business initiatives.
- Prepare board materials and other senior-level presentations as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or equivalent, relevant experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in corporate development, finance, consultancy or investment banking fields with exposure to media, telecom, Internet and/or technology related industries.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; must be someone who is self-directed, intellectually curious and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking including the ability to understand and analyze business plans, interpret financial statements and develop projections of companies in fast-growing markets.
- Excellent research capabilities and demonstrated ability to synthesize industry research.
- Strong project management and organization skills, to include a meticulous attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal and influence skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- A keen understanding and interest in emerging media and technology trends and players.
- Ability to travel locally and long distances as required.
- Ability to work weekend and after-hours work as needed.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.