Bounteous is looking for an Associate Creative Director to join our fast-growing design practice. This role is ideal for a dynamic and impassioned creative veteran focused on furthering sound design principles in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal director is a naturally engaging storyteller and mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver incredible, award-winning experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leads, inspires and motivates teams to create and deliver influential, innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions that drive business goals
- Shapes and directs creative strategy and deliverables from concepts through execution for a variety of digital platforms and experiences
- Facilitates and oversees creative activities such as experience strategy development, conceptual design, copywriting and art direction, production oversight and concept for photoshoots and video production
- Ensures all creative deliverables align with brand guidelines, business and user requirements, and accessibility standards
- Ensures digital designs meet the needs of development and technical teams to ensure feasibility and digital design best practices (mobile first design, etc.)
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams and partners closely with clients to establish strategy, and align goals with tactics
- Facilitates and oversees discovery activities such as design workshops, stakeholder interviews, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc.
- Leads and coaches direct reports to set and work towards career goals, and helps identify training and development needs
- Contributes to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of experience designers
- Supports project management to schedule design activities and deliverables within programs and projects
- Stays informed on design best practices, trends, and tools, and participates in the local design community
- Juggles multiple clients and projects/tracks of work simultaneously
Education and Work Experience
- B.S./B.A./B.F.A. in graphic design, digital design, visual communication, or other design-related fields
- 8+ years of experience as a creative professional, with a focus on design, user experience, and storytelling. Consulting/Agency experience is a plus.
- Background in responsive and mobile design
- Experience working on platforms like (but not limited to) WordPress, Drupal, Magento, AEM
- Experience mentoring and managing a team of direct reports
Tools and Software
- In depth knowledge / proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Sketch, InVision, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Adobe After Effects or similar motion graphics programs a plus
Design and Communication Skills
- Experience leading engagements with a strong voice for creative and meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to provide creative direction as well as overall leadership for strategic and account direction
- Experience designing around data sets and reusable components/patterns
- Understanding of mobile, responsive design, accessibility and Agile methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, cross-disciplinary) with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating workshops and conducting stakeholder interviews
- Excellent listener with a passion for human-centered design
- Is proactive and has efficient time-management skills
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.