GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Associate Director, Clinical Laboratory will define and implement the framework and processes required to robustly deliver GRAIL’s laboratory developed tests in its Clinical Laboratory.
- Build an efficient and effective Clinical Laboratory team and manage the day-to-day operations of the GRAIL Clinical Laboratory.
- Establish operational objectives with Senior Leadership and assignments and delegates assignments to direct reports and broader team
- Lead and manage a fast-paced and highly scalable Clinical Laboratory operations including specimen testing, quality control, quality, validation, troubleshooting, training and people management activities.
- Ensure compliance with Quality and applicable global and local regulatory requirements.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams responsible for implementation of new products, process improvements, and troubleshooting activities in the Clinical Laboratory.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams responsible for securing CLIA certification, CAP accreditation, and state licensure for the GRAIL Clinical Laboratory, including compliance with all applicable standards and regulations.
- Manage, mentor, and guide the professional development of team members.
- Contribute to developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations(s) and may also have company-wide effect
- Perform patient specimen testing on an as needed basis.
Your Background Should Include:
- 6+ years experience in a high-volume, high-complexity clinical laboratory.
- 2+ years of operations and people management experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations and best practices for conducting LDTs for clinical application.
- Molecular diagnostics industry experience, particularly with next-generation sequencing assays, highly desirable.
- First-hand experience and success in establishing de novo clinical laboratory infrastructure.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in cross-functional team environment and management roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies (“Agency”), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings (“Agreement”). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes.
Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team