Launched in September 2015, OakNorth Bank provides fast, flexible and accessible debt finance (from £500k to £45m) to fast-growth businesses.
Through leveraging the ON Credit Intelligence Software, OakNorth Bank has become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times (FT 1000), and has performance metrics that place it amongst the top 1% of banks globally. OakNorth Bank has lent several billion pounds to hundreds of businesses across the UK thereby creating tens of thousands of new homes and jobs across the country. Its commercial lending arm is supported by its deposits franchise, offering a range of Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protected products to savers at all stages of life and to businesses at all stages of growth.
OakNorth Holdings (the group which includes OakNorth Bank plc and the various OakNorth software entities around the world) has raised over $1bn from leading investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, NIBC, SMBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
- Work as part of a team on the execution of corporate finance/real estate transactions
- Assist the Debt Finance team in finding new clients and keeping an updated prospective client database
- Assist in the preparation of deal specific credit memoranda for transaction recommendations to credit committees and other relevant lines of approval; go to external meetings (with senior bankers) and contribute to the discussions
- Assist in building complex dynamic financial models to analyse investment opportunities (reviewing debt structures, relevant debt underwriting parameters and specific assets using financial models and a variety of quantitative analytical tools to test assumptions and sensitivities)
- Access to a solid client base and ability to expand on existing client base to originate new deals
- Undertake fundamental research analysis using a variety of data sources; undertake company and transaction specific analysis and valuations
- Participate in third party meetings where you could potentially contribute to drive the business forward - analysing proposed budgets, capital plans and other investment recommendations
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
- A Bachelors degree with specialisation in Finance, Accountancy, Economics or equivalent from a top recognised university
- Minimum 3-4 years or equivalent of active front-office deal origination, execution and completion experience, preferably in debt capital markets, in London and Minimum 6-7 years or equivalent of active finance, accountancy, taxation, deal structuring experience
- Front-office ability to assist in pitching for deals, interacting with prospective clients and negotiating terms of engagement
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment
- Ability to complete and structure transactions within limited time frames to meet client requirements/deadlines
- Determined attitude to liaise and work with multiple external teams to complete transactions
- Drive to achieve a common goal (lend money, help businesses, and earn interest/fees!)
- Clear thinker with research and analytical abilities; capacity to learn quickly
- Possess excellent financial modelling, quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal)
- Resourceful problem solver with a focus on delivery (ability to multitask is also crucial)
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment where you can create your own opportunities
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.