The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Mumbai based Associate Director, Label Management and Operations. The position will act as a relationship, strategy, operations and people manager for all labels accounts in India. The ideal candidate will be accountable, have strong attention to detail, and will be able to marry client management, people management and technical skills to meet and exceed the expectations of the role.
What You Will Do
- Oversee a team of direct reportees who will be responsible for managing the day to day tasks of label management and content operations.
- Manage day to day relationships with an assigned roster of high profile distributed independent labels.
- Collaborate with labels and internal departments to help create and execute release development plans and strategies.
- Assist in the management of product logistics inclusive of digital production, physical release planning, and product updates by way of Orchard’s technology systems and coordination with operation and supply chain teams.
- Track pre- and post-release drivers and successes in internal and external priority campaign marketing documents and recaps.
- Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure labels’ business needs are met, as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests.
- Utilize The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing decisions.
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases.
- Ensure the label base is well informed of key market updates and global opportunities around The Orchard service repertoire.
- Ensure SLA’s are defined and implemented on product ingestion and approval process.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchards tools and services across the label base.
- Lead in business reviews with assigned priority labels.
Who You Are
- Ideally 10-15 years of work experience in the music or entertainment industry.
- Position is relationship focused, requiring excellent internal and external communication skills and professional diplomacy.
- Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required.
- Strong knowledge of the music retail landscape and best practices.
- Experience & knowledge of using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize to tight deadlines, stay calm under pressure, and hold oneself accountable to results.
- Adaptable to evolving workload, not afraid to ask questions and high on problem solving.
- Passionate about music and distribution.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-driven problem solver and leader
- Collaborative with other departments
- Technologically savvy
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person
- Resourceful and takes initiative - an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about the music business, and the future of music
Please click here