Associate Director, Key Accounts
As Associate Director Key Accounts, the main objective will be to provide guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s major hotel chain partners worldwide, and to exceed the revenue and performance expectations that form Agoda’s business goals.
In doing so, the successful individual will bring a strong account management acumen, mixed with a high level of operational savvy and the ability to motivate, coach and mentor subordinates. In addition, the capability to establish and develop profitable long term partnerships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role. A driven personality, disciplined work habits, and attention to detail is required for this role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) managing hotel chain partnerships across the region to ensure that business objectives are being achieved (2) implementing strategies that grow Agoda’s footprint, and technical accuracy (3) develop tools and processes to ensure greater operational efficiency in supporting chain partners and internal stakeholders.
- Initiate, and develop direct hotel partnerships to grow Agoda’s footprint
- Develop and own relationships with key decision makers at hotel groups, technology partners and other relevant partners
- Contribute to requirement creation for new tools that contribute to greater productivity and efficiency
- Lead and develop a small team to ensure achievement of all KPIs
- Ensure a cohesive team environment for all subordinates, and communications with international colleagues
- Provide the team and senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback
- Prepare and present high quality weekly reports
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge
- Secure global partnerships are maintained and instigate new hotel roll out operations
- Train / inform chain partners on tools
- Ensure Agoda’s price competitiveness and product consistency
- Plan relevant partner visits according to internal goals and objectives, and participate in relevant tradeshows and events
- Develop and execute action plans to maximize margin growth opportunities
- Coordinate with management on strategic planning and objectives
- Establish individual goals and conduct performance reviews
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners;
- Past success in mentoring and building account management team that oversees long term customer relationships;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with online advertising and online partnerships;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Creative and Innovative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 7+ years business development experience required;
- Min 5 years’ experience managing a team
- Proven success in achieving firm KPIs
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus;
- Strong communication skills with fluent English;
- Prior experience working in Hospitality, Airlines or Tourism sector.