Associate Director of Software Engineering
Wayfair's Software Engineering teams create our best-in-class eCommerce mobile and desktop sites and apps, empower the company with enterprise tools, and connect our growing customer base to products they love. Building is our passion and we're biased towards speed to market. We love solving big and complicated problems with software and lean on our core values being data-driven, collaborative, and risk-tolerant as we work cross functionally to commit code and launch features that fuel the company's growth.
What You'll Do
- Lead multiple teams of Engineers and Engineering Managers, developing people to realize their full potential.
- Set technical and architectural strategy for a thread, feature, business channel, or platform.
- Partner with Business and Product Management leaders to determine a common development roadmap that balances management of technical challenges with needs of the customer and market.
- Influence Engineering culture both in and outside of your organization, acting as a go-to technical expert and problem solver.
- Work cross-functionally to fully leverage platforms and create high-impact solutions to common problems.
- Identify opportunities for technology to spur new business initiatives, increase revenue, reduce cost, and delight Wayfair customers.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering and/or Architecture leadership.
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability with the ability to identify trade-offs and manage risk.
- Ability to translate business vision into strategy and grow and enable leaders who can translate that strategy into tactics that produce results.
- Ability to manage, challenge, enable, and develop both Engineers and Engineering leaders.
- Experience managing Engineering Managers and developing a culture of self-sufficiency in a team.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the peer, and senior leadership levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated experience collecting and using data to inform decisions, build consensus, and align teams to a common purpose.