agoda’s Associate Director- Talent Planning & Development is an exciting role within the PARTNER SERVICES Team. The Associate Director - Talent Planning & Development will ensure the PARTNER SERVICES Team globally is effectively resourced with outstanding talent and best in class L&D opportunities.Through the effective leadership of your team you will indirectly reach nearly 1,000 colleagues across 50+ locations and will have close interaction with the PARTNER SERVICES leadership team, as well as the centralized People Team. The role will be reporting to the Senior Director – Accommodation Partner Services, and be based in Bangkok.
This role will drive the development and execution of activities relating to talent acquisition and development within agoda’s global Partner Services Team. This includes working closely with the senior leadership of PARTNER SERVICES Team and the group People Team to develop strategies for recruitment and selection, performance management, talent development, retention management, organization design and effectiveness, etc.
This is an influential role, which requires frequent liaison with Partner Services senior leaders, including the VP Partner Services, advising them on important issues and global initiatives.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure compliance with local legislative requirements and the centralized group People policies
- Identify, design and manage targeted PARTNER SERVICES Team talent development strategies, tools and processes.
- Implement the centralized PEOPLE strategies and strategic people tools, policies, systems and processes and ensure consistent delivery
- Work with PARTNER SERVICES senior leaders and the centralized group PEOPLE to improve overall employee experience from the recruitment process to end of employment.
- Develop a Strategic Workforce Planning approach that focuses on the PARTNER SERVICES -wide strategies to drive attraction, development and engagement of talent.
- Create, communicate and operate quarterly, annual and long range workforce plans.
- Ensure a high level of organizational effectiveness through ongoing assessment and analysis, performance management, organizational design, and implementation, change management, talent assessments, leadership development, and succession planning
- Drive implementation and alignment of global and country-specific PEOPLE initiatives/ policies to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Work with PARTNER SERVICES team leaders to drive/monitor talent acquisition, support them in managing and developing high potential employees, succession planning, talent reviews.
- Design and implement management tools to optimize Workforce Planning; manager dashboards, reporting, trending, critical PEOPLE metrics/benchmarks for decision making
- Lead the analysis of the Workforce Plan and identify skills/competency requirements and critical skill gaps across the PARTNER SERVICES department
- Recommend reclassification of positions to maintain consistency throughout the PARTNER SERVICES Team
Learning & Development
- Consult with PARTNER SERVICES Team leaders to identify and prioritize learning development needs
- Execute special projects when requested by the PARTNER SERVICES Team VP, PARTNER SERVICES SMT. This involves, and is not limited to, creation and development of programs, evaluation and revision of existing programs.
- Lead the PARTNER SERVICES Global Coaching practice through internal coaches.
- Develop the coaching practice, tools, and policies to manage the sourcing, selection and onboarding of internal and external coaches.
- Collaborate with the centralized PEOPLE department in developing and operating compensation programs and benefits structure including salary benchmarking and etc.
- Assist in designing compensation and benefits strategies, make recommendations, and prepare proposals for new and improved compensation programs for global PARTNER SERVICES team Advise managers on resolutions for specific problems relating to salaries, job classifications, job content and benefit program issues.
- Be a role model for Agoda’s DNA, values and behaviors; encourage a culture of performance, accountability, openness, respect, coaching, professional development and self-improvement
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within PARTNER SERVICES and other Agoda departments
- Support cultural change across the PARTNER SERVICES Team
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the position holder may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the scope of the job. The job description will be reviewed regularly in the light of changing requirements and any such changes will be discussed with the post holder.
- At least 8 years of experience in Human Resources and at least 5 years in a Senior Managerial/ Director capacity or equivalent performing general PEOPLE functions.
- Must have a strong track record as a senior PEOPLE professional gained within people intensive, customer orientated industries – travel, hospitality are highly preferred
- Experience in establishing multi- regional and site based PEOPLE functions is an advantage
- Experience of leading teams in remote global locations is preferred
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management and/ or equivalent
- Proven track record of developing and implementing PEOPLE strategies and plans to achieve business goals and objectives with clear and tangible PEOPLE metrics
- Ability to analyze business challenges/ data and provide PEOPLE recommendations to business leaders
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English – additional language is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conceptual ability and ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels Professional experience in MS office tools is desired (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint and/or other intranet software
- Ability to multitask, quickly evaluate alternative solutions/options and decide on a plan of action
- Ability to leverage data to formulate strategy and drive business results
- A thorough and analytical approach to planning and managing projects
- Experience leading trainings
- The ability to manage and develop others
- Facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Creative and Innovative.
- Project management certifications (PMP or equivalent)
- CIPD or any PEOPLE certifications
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.