About the Position
With 6 acquisitions so far in 2021, M&A is a core component of FiscalNote’s strategy. In this role you will help drive the success of the company’s M&A efforts. As the Assistant General Counsel/M&A, you will report directly to the General Counsel, mentor the company’s Counsel/M&A, and partner with business leaders across the company.
In this role, you will leverage your legal skills and business perspective to devise solutions that meet regulatory, business and organizational needs. You will use both a "business" and a "legal" approach, requiring responsibilities and competencies in various areas of corporate law, negotiation, deal-structuring, corporate governance and risk management.
About the Team
Join the growing FiscalNote legal team as you help chart the course for the company’s next phase of growth. You’ll be key to the success of the company’s efforts with M&A activity, including related reporting and diligence.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Advance our global M&A pipeline
- Leverage your experience using effective business growth and risk management techniques to offer proactive advice that enables the company to maximize opportunity and minimize liability
- Partner with other executives and parties in relation to legal matters and in leading the organization
- Anticipate and address legal matters, develop resolution strategies, lead/oversee and/or personally execute on these matters, and handle potentially difficult situations diplomatically
- Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders across the business, seek to understand needs, help to inform, educate and evangelize best practices
- Manage legal relationships with investors, strategic partners, stakeholders, auditors, regulators, and affiliates
- Embrace and exemplify FiscalNote Values in all dealings and interactions
What Sets You Apart:
- J.D. degree (2010-2012) from an accredited law school and admission to a State Bar
- 8+ years work experience in a relevant law firm and/or in a leadership role as in-house counsel
- ech (Saas), Information Services, and/or Media industry experience preferred
- International experience is a plus
- Functional and Enterprise leadership. Experience as a leader with the intellect and presence to become a true business partner across the company, capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond their functional expertise
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative, inclusive nature, and team-player attitude
- Exemplary verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to understand the needs of key stakeholders to navigate complex situations
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done while also working as an excellent manager, mentor, and leader
Reference ID: #LI-PD1
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com
and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.