Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As the Associate General Manager you are a trusted internal collaborator. You work cross-functionally with Capsule’s national Product and Marketing teams to bring major partnerships to life. While your heart is in partnerships, you also think like an operator and help to bridge communication between our local growth, pharmacy, and logistics teams setting up high value partnerships for operational success. You think big while staying organized on the details required to win.
- Be a champion in the Chicago market for Capsule and our modern pharmacy.
- Grow and manage our provider-focused partnerships team.
- Define and support execution of SMB and enterprise provider sales.
- Assess and provide support to execute other strategic healthcare partnerships.
- Support sales operations
- Provide direct sales support where needed, particularly helping to open doors, close deals, and execute successful product deployments.
- Hire growth team members
- Partner closely with our Product and Marketing teams
- Carry a quota based 80% on the output of your team / 20% on qualitative performance
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- 10-20 years healthcare experience spanning sales, partnerships / account management, enterprise sales, and selling to frontline providers
- 5+ years of sales management experience with strong history of delivering results and developing your team
- Experience selling tech solutions, and an infectious enthusiasm for the power of technology to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Entrepreneurial experience and/or mindset -- You are an owner and builder
- History of successful sales strategy development and execution -- You have built new sales strategies that resulted in meaningful wins for the organization.
- Cross-functional finesse - You speak many internal languages, most notably, “Product,” “Marketing,” and “Operations,” and you deftly motivate and rally internal and external teams.
- Significant bonus points for deep relationships with Chicagoland provider networks
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.