Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role & Responsibilities
The Associate GM (AGM) will be a critical member of the Orchard team, located in Denver, Colorado and reporting to Head of Field Operations, Chris Smith. The AGM will be responsible for the company's successful growth of the Denver/Colorado Springs market, including building and managing the local team, market-level profitability, daily operations, inventory management, renovations, etc. As the AGM, you will:
- Develop and implement the growth strategy and goals in your market.
- Build and help manage a local operations team of acquisition, renovation and asset management specialists.
- You will help set and manage your team’s goals, monitor team productivity, and drive workplace and cultural norms that align with Orchard’s company values.
- Contribute to Orchard's home acquisition and disposition process throughout Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Be responsible for (among other things): evaluating and underwriting prospective homes for purchase; scoping and inspecting all repairs and investments made to homes we purchase; helping set asset-level pricing and sales decisions.
- Build and manage a network of third-party vendors to support Orchard’s business operations in Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Be responsible for growth of the business in your market. You will collaborate with sales, marketing and underwriting/investments to drive growth and profitability.
- Partner with the Head of Field Operations to ensure all KPI targets are met. You will monitor market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and develop initiatives to optimize them.
- Be a champion for Colorado within Orchard – and a champion for Orchard throughout Colorado.
At least 7+ years prior experience in an operations management role involving both digital and real-world operations with experience leading a business unit and/or managing a P&L. Not required but preferred -- experience in single family residential real estate (e.g. experience with single family residential investing/operations, homebuilding, or brokerage).
- Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators.
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Experience using software to manage operations.
- Deep knowledge of the Colorado real estate market – you have lived in Colorado for 2+ years.
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- Possesses customer empathy with a mindset of finding ways to balance delivering a superior customer experience and a successful operational and financial outcome for our business.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset.
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs. Ability to manage time effectively.
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”