The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Primary role is to serve as a Site Security Administrator with oversight of corporate campus physical security and life safety procedures. Secondary role is to support the Facilities Management team by managing vendor contracts, providing event setup services, and distributing Facilities work orders. Customer service is critical to this role as there are daily interactions with Protective employees.
- Organize and oversee all physical security operations at Protective Life. Specifically, this role manages the contracted security service to ensure all duties and responsibilities comply with contractual terms. Primary duties in this role include oversight of the access badge system (OnGuard) and security camera system (Avigilon). Role also has oversight of employee parking and the parking database. Requires frequent interaction with other department team leaders on behalf of the security operation.
- Responsible for the implementation of the corporate emergency plan (fire and life safety) working in conjunction with the Senior Director - Facilities. Duties in this role include oversight of the annual fire drill, including management and oversight of the floor warden process. Additional duties in this role include management of the company’s AED program including equipment oversight and contract management. Coordination of company active shooter response planning with Senior Director – Facilities.
- Oversee corporate facility contracts including janitorial, window cleaning, pest control, waste/recycling removal and secure shredding. Duties include oversight of contracted vendors to ensure compliance with contractual terms.
- Oversight of janitorial supply ordering process, which involves close coordination with janitorial management and monitoring of janitorial supply levels.
- Responsible for event set up and coordination within corporate campus large meeting rooms. Work in conjunction with other Facilities Associates and corporate employees to monitor Outlook room reservations.
- Backup for management and distribution of work orders through the Facilities Services Hotline and the automated work order system (ServiceNow).
- Vendor services procurement, as necessary.
- Material, parts and equipment selection and procurement.
- Perform material analysis for janitorial supplies.
- Work with other Facilities Management employees to track budget allocated to security cost center.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in commercial office security, specifically within corporate or multi-tenant office facilities.
- Prior law enforcement experience and/or honorable military service will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of industry technology and a keen interest to stay updated on new technology as it develops in this field.
- Good customer service skills. It is imperative that the person in this position be confident, self-assured and have a positive outlook.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks in an environment while interacting with co-workers and other employees in a patient and professional manner.
- Ability to schedule work by priority demands. Must be proficient in a PC environment with working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong analytical skills desired.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $60,000 to $80,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance.
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.