Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As an Associate Marketing Manager, you will help shape the way we present our products and position our presence to internal and external audiences. You will work directly with the Regional Marketing Director and VP, Product & Sales Marketing and play a role in developing and improving marketing strategy to drive results and enable efficient processes. In this role, you will lead cross-functional efforts across sales, visual design, and product.
In the first three months, you will:
- Serve as point person for RFPs, offering strategic and creative insights as well as day-to-day project management to meet deliverables
- Lead creation of sales and marketing materials, special offers and collateral on a national and local basis
- Directly manage the onsite Graphic Designer and local Photographers
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Director & Graphic Designer to collaborate on major projects
Within the first year, you will:
- Work with Sales Manager to align marketing strategy with sales needs, working with sales teams to ensure marketing tactics are serving broader sales needs and initiatives
- Work closely with Marketing Managers in each office to share best practices and resources and collaborate on major projects
- Have a strong understanding of our products, customer needs and pain points
- Shape photography strategy with the photography team to demonstrate value to advertisers and clients, problem-solving to help this team meet photography deadlines
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive advantages against other media and competitors and position Intersection accordingly in all materials
- Proactively recommend and execute new approaches to drive client revenue and meet revenue goals
- Seek out and develop metrics and KPIs to measure marketing effectiveness
You are awesome for this role because:
- Of your broad Marketing experience and skill set with a focus on results
- You are highly creative, with excellent writing, organization, and execution skills
- Of your passion for storytelling through the use of data and research
- You’re record of getting things done -- someone who will roll up their sleeves and plow through obstacles to meet deliverables and follow through on promises
- You have 3-5 years of relevant Sales Marketing experience
- You have media, startup, and/or tech industry experience (a plus, not requirement)
- Your deep understanding of the New Jersey region is a plus
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer