As an Associate Product Manager you will plan, organize and control an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives. You will assist the Product Manager(s) in identifying market potential, establish pricing and market strategies, estimate potential sales, introduce the product to the market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
Essential Job Duties:
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and coordination for new and emerging products.
- Assist in the coordination of technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Manages day-to-day progress of product.
Pride - visit any construction site, and you're sure to encounter a variety of Makita tools. Our quality and performance has earned us a strongly respected reputation within the contractor community, which has persistently grown over the past 85 years and is certain to endure for many years to come as we continue to lead the industry with the introduction of high quality, innovative tools.
Growth opportunity - with plenty of room for expansion within, this position offers an excellent opportunity to leverage your experience and showcase your abilities to build it out, while also positioning yourself for a variety of project leader roles and ongoing growth within the organization.
Event Participation – As a member of our Marketing Division you will get the opportunity to participate in many of our promotional events across the country.
Applicant Qualities Desired:
- Ability to build relationships to gain customer loyalty and penetrate accounts within the market.
- Strong self-motivator, with the ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Bilingual a plus. (Spanish preferred)
- Generates creative solutions
- Completes projects on time and budget
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Manages competing demands
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4 year college or university; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge of power tool industry and/or all phases of construction
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and produce manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be at least 18 year of age at the time of employment
- Valid driver’s license
- May be required to travel, which includes overnight stays in some cities where events are being held. Amount of travel will depend on product development.
- Expense Reimbursement Plans
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally, the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.