Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for South-east Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in South-east Asia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve SMEs to some of the region’s largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 8% month on month for the last 3 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
About Product Management
Our product management team sets the direction for our growing portfolio of products. As advocates of our customers, we collaborate closely with a diverse group of engineers, designers, and business partners to achieve a common goal: shipping high-quality products that help our merchants succeed.
Product managers at Xendit play the role of being the “glue” that binds many functions together in our organization. We interact with our customers, create roadmaps, analyze business processes, design user-facing flows, and facilitate with stakeholders to turn their visions into reality — while having fun along the way.
Cards Associate Product Manager
Create products and features at the forefront of fintech that let our customers accept payments anytime, in any currency, from anywhere in the world
Credit and debit cards are one of the main channels offered by Xendit for merchants to accept online payments. The Xendit Cards team regularly works with banks, card schemes (Visa, MasterCard, JCB), and other key payments partners to build the latest in card processing software for our customers. Xendit processes millions of dollars’ worth of card transactions monthly, and credit / debit cards are often the first payment method which customers look to enable when entering new markets.
We're looking for an Associate Product Manager (APM) in the Cards team, to optimise how we’re building products to delight customers and grow their businesses. As Cards APM, you’ll be working regularly with the Cards Product Manager and engineers to discover and deliver the cards acceptance features that will increase our customers’ payment volumes.
This role is a unique opportunity where you will learn and grow at a rapid pace through hands-on experience and one-on-one coaching from senior product leaders.
Your primary goal is to collaborate with the Cards PM in product discovery and reliably deliver features that enhance the credit / debit cards payment experience for all our customers. To achieve this, you’ll need to:
- Obtain a deep understanding of the Cards product - how our systems and services work internally, as well as how it’s used by our customers
- Work with Engineering and Design to ideate and build features to improve our Cards payment channel, or related products
- Comfortably plan and run sprints with engineers using an Agile Scrum methodology
- Contribute to prioritizing tasks and balancing competing tradeoffs
- Understand and have strong empathy for our customer needs, conduct user research, talk to existing and potential customers, and identify opportunities for how we can add value to their businesses
- Develop compelling business cases, make crisp prioritizations, and design clear success metrics for your initiatives
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders such as Sales, Account Management, and Operations while shepherding your projects through the stages of initial conception, launch, and scale
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed. Your success is also our success!
You may be a good fit if
- You have 1-2 years of product management experience, or B2C/B2B product-related experience (e.g. product or business analyst, software engineering, enterprise pre-sales etc.), and have an interest to grow into a PM role.
- You are a creative product thinker, who can bring a fresh approach to how products can break through and succeed in the marketplace
- You thrive in ambiguity and in a very quickly changing environment
- You love solving problems and excel at this
- You are insatiably curious and inquisitive (asking “why?” a lot), and take the effort to find out answers on your own
- You have a passion for talking to your customers regularly and helping them succeed
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing requirements and user stories, a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You have a mentality of complete ownership of your product. The buck stops with you
- You not only welcome feedback from customers and teammates but you thrive on it
- You are a skilled communicator, can champion a product without authority, and work well with a breadth of stakeholders including engineering, business people, and C-level executives
- You have an analytical mindset, know how to make data-informed decisions, and possess either prior knowledge or willingness to learn SQL
What we care about
Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.