OakNorth is the next-generation credit and monitoring platform that provides banks and lending institutions with the insight and foresight needed to create a better borrowing experience for the Missing Middle – the growth business who are the backbones of communities and economies globally but who have been in banking’s blind spot for decades.
The business was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
The Platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia, and in the UK where OakNorth lends off of its own balance sheet via OakNorth Bank. The platform has helped OakNorth Bank become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times FT 1000 (2020), profitably lending over £4bn to date. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 13,000 new homes and 17,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy.
With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Istanbul, Gurgaon and Bangalore, the global team across the OakNorth Holdings group is over 800 people.
OakNorth is looking to hire a talented Risk and Compliance Associate to join the team in London to serve our growing operations with a focus on delivering and maintaining compliance programs. You will work closely with Risk and Compliance team members and cross-functional partners across the business to manage and run a range of projects.
The ideal candidate will have an ability to see the big picture and incorporates problem solving, critical thinking and tactical execution into their daily work. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of the global IT compliance initiatives. Using your project management skills, you will drive the implementation, documentation and scaling of our ongoing security, resiliency and assurance efforts. You will work with all involved departments and will assist in adjusting existing and creating new relevant policies and procedures to align company objectives with compliance needs. Your aim is to establish a combined control framework for current and upcoming compliance initiatives.
- 3-5 years of proven financial sector experience, preferably with risk management, internal audit, operational risk or compliance exposure
- Project or Program Management expertise ideally in one or more of the following fields; Compliance, Business Continuity, Third Party Risk, Information Security, Data Privacy
- Outstanding PowerPoint presentation skills, data analysis, Spreadsheet and reporting skills
- Technical understanding of IT and Physical Security controls, Business Continuity practices
- Strong exposure with IT security and compliance frameworks like ISO27001, SOC 2, etc. will be a plus
- Graduate qualification or equivalent experience.
- Strong in problem solving skills and attention to detail with the ability to assess and challenge findings.
- Able to build effective collaborative networks, influence partners and establish credibility
- Abe to multitask and prioritize matters effectively
- Excellent in interpersonal and positive relationship skills
- Individual with high level of integrity, quality standards and dedication
- Hardworking, results-oriented individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skill
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.