As part of the Fermentation Lab Operations team the Associate Scientist will join the AmbR lab and be responsible for executing fermentation experiments in support of our R&D deliverables. The successful candidate will contribute toward strain and process improvement in a fast paced, team-oriented research operations setting and will contribute to improving lab effectiveness.
- Collaborate on experimental design and scheduling.
- Set up and operate ambr250 high-throughput fermentation system.
- Carry out microbial fermentations using various strains, feedstocks, and protocols.
- Prepare fermentation samples for offline analysis.
- Report, evaluate and maintain fermentation online and offline data in the databases.
- Troubleshoot laboratory equipment and implement corrective actions.
- Apply organizational and creative skills to improve lab operations.
- Provide input for quality and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Maintain safe practices and work environment.
- Contribute to other duties as assigned.
Skills and requirements:
- BA/BS in biology, life sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a Biological laboratory, Fermentation experience preferred.
- Experience with ambr250 high-throughput fermentation system and any molecular biology related automation systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with concepts in statistics, tools to analyze data (JMP, Minitab, R, Spotfire) and quality principles such as 5S and Lean is desired.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Capability to manage multiple independent processes and experiments within a single day including scheduling instrumentation and preparing reagents and material.
- Attention to detail and careful record keeping skills.
- Working in cross-disciplinary, collaborative teams
- Tenacity in pursuing objectives to completion correctly and on time.
- Weekend work is mandatory. Occasional overtime is required.
- Embrace Amyris Core Values.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.