Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are currently hiring talented Associate Software Engineers, to join our Bank Integrations team within our global Technology group.
An incredible entry level opportunity for Associate Software Engineers with a growth mindset to join a global SaaS organisation and make an impact! You’ll develop new skills and learn new technologies while supporting a fast growing team.
As part of the Bank Integrations team, you’ll be joining one of the cornerstones of what makes Xero incredible. Without us, Xero wouldn’t be where it is today. We work directly with the banks to implement and improve integrations, creating the connections that make so many of Xero’s awesome product features possible.
As an Associate Engineer you will...
- Focus on learning and growing your knowledge and skills,and support your team members to solve complex problems through simple solutions.
- Contribute to the scale and design of back-end infrastructure and code to our Xero cloud software platform hosted in AWS.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment.
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen.
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers.
Ideally, your technical tool-box will include...
- Proficiency in using a primary language and ecosystem to maintain and extend the team's products. Knowledge of the C# language and .NET fundamentals, including ASP.NET & Web API is a plus.
- Confidence in debugging and resolving locally.
- Able to regularly make minor code design decisions.
- Experience in maintaining team's APIs and client code.
- Eager to dig in and learn a wide variety of top industry tools and frameworks for building scalable apps, think .NET Core, Kubernetes, Redis, Terraform, all built on the AWS platform (SQS, S3 etc).
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your well being is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.