Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
Seeking an Associate Systems Engineer to install, configure, upgrade, and optimize the performance of Allscripts application systems, databases and assigned technologies required to deliver infrastructure for internal-facing applications.
Establish, manage, and maintain the Software Development Environments, Upgrades, and Assigned Tasks that meet agreed functional requirements and user expectations.
- Consistent efforts to deliver as per agreed scope and excel the deliveries from “completeness” and “correctness” point of view.
- Manage, maintain, monitor, and support the infrastructure environment in assigned technology domain.
- Install, configure, and support hardware and software required to operate assigned technology.
- Working with Operations, provide ongoing maintenance including updates, patches, and antivirus updates.
- Trouble shoot and resolve issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating systems and application relates issues. Conduct performance monitoring, systems health checks and capacity planning,
- Keep all stakeholders informed in a timely manner of scope creep and schedule delays, ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards.
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work and reduce the overall defect injection rate (DIR).
Contribution towards the team synergy / influence team to achieve goals:
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level.
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined global Infrastructure standards.
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion, Proactive Approach.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in the project meetings and make valuable contribution.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant technical experience
- Requires 1– 3 years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
- PowerShell Scripting experience is a plus.
- Azure IAAS experience is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged because of their gender, marital or family status, color, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be subject to less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.