Terumo Medical Corporation (TMC) develops, manufactures, and markets a complete, solutions-based portfolio of high-quality medical devices used in a broad range of applications for numerous areas of the healthcare industry. TMC places a premium on providing customers with world-class products, training and education programs that drive clear economic value, better clinical outcomes and improved quality of life for patients. TMC is part of Tokyo-based Terumo Corporation; one of the world’s leading medical device manufacturers with $5+ billion in sales, 20,000+ employees worldwide and operations in more than 160 nations. Terumo Medical Corporation is comprised of two strategic business divisions: Terumo Interventional Systems and Terumo Medical Products.
Responsible for selling and promoting Terumo Interventional Systems (TIS) products to Interventional Radiologists, Interventional Cardiologists, Vascular Surgeons and Purchasing/Materials Management within a defined geographic territory to achieve assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales revenue targets. Typically the geography will be an expansion territory, resides in a smaller market, and/or the current revenue produced by that territory is well below TIS national average. This position is responsible for sales and market development in the acute care setting and outpatient facilities, developing rapport with key decision makers; penetrating accounts within key departments (Cath Lab Management and Nursing, Interventional Radiology, Purchasing, Materials Management) to introduce and expand business base; developing comprehensive business plans and account strategy; identifying competitive issues/opportunities and working jointly with Sales and Marketing Management to increase sales and company visibility with industry thought leaders.
· Call on current and potential customers to promote and sell TIS products to achieve assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales revenue targets.
· Develop and implement appropriate sales strategies and techniques to target appropriate customers, understand and confirm needs, overcome objections and gain commitment.
· Conduct effective sales and product presentations to customers. Educate customers to ensure products are understood and used effectively.
· Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge of Terumo’s products and competitive products including a thorough understanding each product’s features, strengths and appropriate usage.
· Attend, support and in-service during endovascular procedures.
· Maintain and grow existing business and develop new business opportunities.
· Identify and quickly respond to competitive threats within the territory. Communicate market intelligence/competitor activity promptly to Region Manager.
· Develop and maintain good customer relationships, through personal visits and telephone contact.
· Conduct in-services to educate customers on the proper use of Terumo’s products.
· Interact with Customer Administration, Logistics, Marketing and Technical Support to provide total customer satisfaction.
· File weekly reports, monthly reports, competitive product reports, etc. in a timely manner.
· Attend trade shows and conventions to promote TIS products.
· Demonstrate a commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance with all TMC Quality Systems requirements. This includes but is not limited to the prompt recognition and forwarding of customer complaints (i.e. adverse events, product performance reports, etc.) to Quality Assurance (QA), and by ensuring all promotional messaging (i.e. branding strategies, product claims, etc.) and materials (i.e. literature) discussed or presented to customers are clinically accurate and adhere to AdvaMed guidelines and Terumo’s policy on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals. Fully adhere to all applicable FDA regulations, international guidelines and Terumo’s policies at all times.
· This is a field based position. Must be able to drive personal automobile on a daily basis to/from customer accounts and drive long distances (distances will vary based upon the size of assigned territory).
· This position may require overnight travel, the amount of which will vary based upon the assigned territory. In addition to travel within the territory, occasional overnight and/or weekend travel outside of the assigned territory is required.
· Daily entry to hospitals and other medical facilities is required. Many facilities have instituted vendor credentialing policies which require vendors to meet defined training, background check and proof of immunization requirements as a condition of entry. Terumo Associates entering these facilities are required to abide by these credentialing requirements.
· Must be able to gain access to and work in the IR suite, cath lab and operating room. Entry into these areas requires an ability to wear appropriate gowning, stand for long periods of time, comply with hospital policy/protocol and be aware of potential biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1-3 years experience in Medical Device Sales with Cath Lab and/or Operating Room sales experience preferred.
- Proven record of sales excellence.
- Endovascular and/or operating room experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a personal automobile with an active vehicle insurance policy.
- Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills complimented by an aggressive, solutions oriented sales approach.
- Ability to understand complex medical procedures and engage in in-depth technical conversations with physicians and staff regarding medical procedures and proper product usage. Is seen by physicians, staff and others as knowledgeable and credible.
- Must have strong knowledge of the human anatomy specifically including the vascular and venous systems.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to initiate, establish, and maintain effective customer relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and I-Pad navigation
- Ability to represent Terumo and its products in a professional manner.
It is Terumo’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As a Company, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment.