ABOUT THE ROLE
Bright Health is seeking an Associate Vice President, Internal Audit. This is a critical new role for the company that is seeking automation enhancements and robust control mapping and development as it continues to experience rapid growth. The internal audit leader will be tasked with identifying financial and operational risks, leading across the organization in the design and implementation of internal controls to mitigate the risks, planning and conducting internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls, and building out the necessary staffing and processes to maintain an effective ongoing internal audit function for the organization.
- Identify the organization's key strategic, financial, operational, and compliance processes and lead across the organization in designing and implementing internal controls.
- Oversee the updating and development of process documentation to support management’s internal control assessment.
- Actively participate in and provide counsel on key business activities, technology development initiatives and M&A efforts to ensure robust internal controls implementation and how they impact audit priorities and/or plans.
- Design and conduct an annual internal audit program that is responsive to the risk profile of the company and meets the requirements of management, the Audit Committee and external auditors.
- Assess risks and controls around specific operations or processes at the request of management or the Audit Committee.
- Ensure all internal audit reports are drafted in a clear and concise manner, which identify root causes with practical management action plans and remediation steps.
- Meet regularly with management and the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform of emerging risks and/or exposures that should be considered, and provide thought leadership with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- Review and communicate to internal stakeholders the results of third-party service provider internal controls reports.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and is abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Implement and maintain Model Audit Rule (MAR) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)-ready audit technology platform.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with external audit team, leveraging internal audit resources where appropriate and ensuring transparent communication with external audit around internal controls issue identification and mitigation.
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes. Utilize external resources where necessary.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Fifteen (15)+ years of combined internal audit/risk management experience required.
- Healthcare and regulated industry experience preferred.
- Experience evaluating IT risks and controls and their impact to the control environment required
- Proven track record of managing large and complex audits in a public company setting, with extensive internal audit planning, analysis and execution skills.
- Strong technical audit and financial skills with a comprehensive understanding of Internal Auditing Standards, U.S. GAAP, PCAOB standards, MAR, SOX, and COSO
- Experience leading across a matrixed environment.
- Proven track record communicating internal audit plans, issues and results with all levels within an organization, including senior executives.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with proven ability to present and explain complex information to diverse audiences.
- Strong understanding of IT risks and controls and their impact to the control environment.
- Experience evaluating new or emerging trends and transferring knowledge to key stakeholders.
- Prior experience hiring and developing staff.
- Robust prioritization skills, with the ability to re-prioritize and respond to urgent management or Audit Committee requests.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Completion of one or more of the following professional certifications is required: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work
, Modern Healthcare
, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.