● Expert in your craft
● 5+ years of professional graphic design experience (although you might have had a different job title, like “UI designer” or “art director”)
● Highly developed design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
● Track record of developing or managing merchandising and/or licensing agreements
● Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the design lead
● Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
● Illustration a plus
● Highly organized, detail-oriented and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on a number of projects simultaneously
● Exceptional design aesthetic and experience working with a fashion/apparel brand preferred
● Knowledgeable about creative trends influencing design in general, and in fashion/athletics/performance arenas
● Strong conceptual abilities and a high attention to detail
● Highly collaborative creative free spirit
Objectives of this Role
● Collaborate with a broad swath of clients, both in-house and from our global ecosystem
● Collaborate with the merchandise team to create consistent product roadmaps, using key company milestones and employee buy-in to help inform design strategy.
● Develop and produce graphics, typography, and layouts for apparel such as shirts, hats, luggage tags, bags, and more!
● Develop product libraries including material, color, fit, color standards and fabric specifications.
● Design brand identities and brand collateral for Astrofitters.
● Manage product-related photoshoots and graphic design needs.
● Manage sourcing of new product vendors including promotional houses and cut & sew facilities, as needed to bring ideas to fruition.
● Establish and implement product quality standards, coordinating with our vendors and stakeholders to maintain overall product integrity throughout the production process.
● Effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
● Prepare designs for final production, including, but not limited to, printer and vendor specs.
● Employ knowledge of social media best practices and conventions, including experience crafting social and brand assets for targeted audiences and demographics.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
● Evolve brand expression; by building on either existing direction, or creating one from scratch
● Develop and produce graphics, typography, and layouts for apparel, social, web, and print
● Create expressions for mood, tone, look/feel to help clients position their product, brand, or service
● Collaborate with the production team to brainstorm unique brand expressions for each client and event
● Frame a vision for art direction, photography, and illustration to reinforce the product/service vision
● Support the team with guidance for visual expression in
● Manage a library of visual assets for various projects and clients
● Fluency in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, the Adobe Creative Suite, Google Slides
● CSS, After Effects, Notion, and GitHub experience a plus
● An expert written communicator who thrives in a remote, async environment
● Other skills appropriate to an L4 contributor