At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren’t car salesmen. Our promise is simple: we won’t sell a car to a customer that we wouldn’t sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate condition, we’ve built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana Certified 150-point inspection process, we’re able to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards.
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we’re looking for!
As an Auto Body Sander and Buffer you will have the opportunity to work at one of our Inspection Centers while being responsible for prepping, sanding vehicles, and light body work during our reconditioning process.
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Light bodywork including re-securing and installing bumpers, single panel and Bondo repair, and stud welding.
- Concisely and collaboratively communicate with the Cosmetic team if additional work on a vehicle is needed.
- Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized work initiatives as assigned.
- Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for extended periods of time.
- Partner and provide clear communication with other team members and departments involved in the vehicle reconditioning process
- Maintain a clean and productive work environment by keeping tools and supplies organized throughout the Cosmetic department.
- Report any safety issues or accidents to management immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
This position requires at least 1 year of paint and body experience and requires someone who has an entry-level understanding of vehicle repair while having an interest in continuing their career as an auto body technician. Requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Minimum of 1 year of paint and body experience or collision repair education
- A valid Driver’s License.
- A clean driving record with no more than two moving violations or DUI’s in the last three years.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team setting.
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools.
- A quality-first mentality that takes pride in upholding Carvana’s vehicle quality standards.
- Strong, consistent attention to detail.
- Moderate understanding of vehicle mechanical repair.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make decisions.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold).
- Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at the Inspection Center.
It would be great if you also had
- iCAR certifications
- Experience working in the Autobody Industry or in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience prepping vehicles for paint
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
The Auto Body Sander and Buffer will report to the Line Lead, Cosmetic, and will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is required.
What we’ll offer in return
- Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match
- ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, masks, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and some typing
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.