In search of a fresh job opportunity? Give your career new life by joining one of the fastest growing companies in the nation! Carvana is disrupting the car industry by cutting out the dealerships. We sell cars, but we’re NOT car salesmen.
Carvana has full time positions open for experienced technicians at our new reconditioning center in Heath, OH. We are looking for several candidates who are team players and possess the drive, motivation and energy to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions!
Never heard of us? Check out our YouTube video of the first ever Car Vending Machine
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
As an Auto Body Technician you will have the opportunity to work at one of our Inspection Centers while being responsible for painting and glossing the vehicles during our reconditioning process.
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Complete full body priming on a vehicle and final sand.
- Use water-base paint to paint and gloss the vehicle inside our paint booths.
- Concisely and collaboratively communicate with the Cosmetic team if additional work on a vehicle is needed.
- Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized work initiatives as assigned.
- Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for extended periods of time.
- Partner and provide clear communication with other team members and departments involved in the vehicle reconditioning process
- Maintain a clean and productive work environment by keeping tools and supplies organized throughout the Cosmetic department.
- Report any safety issues or accidents to management immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of paint and body experience. The ideal candidate will have a high-level understanding of cosmetic vehicle repair while having an interest in continuing their career as an auto body technician. Requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of paint and body experience or collision repair education
- A valid Driver’s License.
- A clean driving record with no more than two moving violations or DUI’s in the last three years.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team setting.
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools.
- A quality-first mentality that takes pride in upholding Carvana’s vehicle quality standards.
- Strong, consistent attention to detail.
- Moderate understanding of vehicle mechanical repair.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make decisions.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold).
- Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at the Inspection Center.
It would be great if you also had:
- iCAR certifications.
- Experience working in the Auto Body Industry or in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Experience painting and glossing vehicles.
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company.
The Auto Body Technician will report to the Line Lead, Cosmetic, and will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match
- ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check as well as a driving record check. You must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.