Advanced Level - Automotive Paint, Body, PDR Tech
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way. To fix that, we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
We have 4 levels of Automotive Paint and Body positions available:
Entry Level (CA - entry level technician)
- Tape, mask/unmask and bag
- Trim removal and install
- Wipe panels for paint
- Mix primer
- Clean primer gun
2+ Yrs Exp or Technical Degree (CA1 - Advanced)
- Sanding panel, primer and entire repair area
- Grind to bare metal
- Spray primer
- Mix paint
- Apply and prep light filler
4+ Yrs Experience (CA2 - Senior technician)
- Heavy body work
- Stud welder
- Crease repair
- Create body lines
- Plastic repair
6+ Yrs Experience (CA3 - Master technician)
Schedule: Enjoy weekends with two shift options! First shift is M-F from 6AM to 3:00PM. The Second shift is a 4 day work week M-Thurs from 3:30PM to 2:30AM (three day weekends - AWESOME!)
Money : Competitive pay on an hourly basis.
Benefits: 100% Paid Medical, 401(k) with Match, and new hires receive 20 Paid Days Off to start and up to 27 Days after your first year! (includes vacation, sick, your birthday and holidays)
Future: All of our positions have a defined career path to leadership. We have a strong culture of promoting from within.
- Inspect and identify cosmetic repairs such as paint, glass, PDR (Painless Dent Removal) and interior repair work using CARVANA standards and tools.
- Complete assigned cosmetic repairs and review all completed work with line lead.
- Work with your team to meet or exceed daily production goals.
- Perform daily area inspections to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have no more than two moving violations in the last three years or DUI
- Ability to communicate effectively with production line team members to complete repairs efficiently and meet daily production goals.
- High level of motivation and ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Requires frequent driving and some typing.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening