Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a Quality Control Inspector for our reconditioning facility in Stafford, to ensure every car delivered is ready to impress our customers. The incumbent in this role will manage the quality control inspection process of Vroom vehicles, will play a key role in helping achieve production goals and provide support to the operations team. This is a full time role reporting into the QC Manager.
- Perform thorough inspections of used cars
- Document, record inspection results and findings in forms
- Assist in preparing and developing inspection instructions and procedures
- Ensure inspection records are complete and accurate, compliant with good documentation practices, filed in a timely manner, and maintained per Vroom standards
- Communicate expectations and provide feedback to associates
- Learn, participate and execute continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- 3-5 years of quality control experience required
- Experience successfully working in operations for a complex, fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of solving complex problems in unclear or challenging conditions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable working in a combination of indoor/outdoor work environments; noisy situations and/or inclement weather conditions
- Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work Monday - Friday from 2:30pm to 11:30pm
- Must be able to operate automatic and manual transmissions
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.