ARRIVAL is a technology company making vehicles the way they should be - fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. By creating innovation in vehicle design and manufacturing, Arrival is accelerating autonomous and electric vehicle technology, by fusing AI with new forms of automotive engineering. We are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Our vehicles will be 100% built by robots and are autonomous-ready.
We have trials with the Royal Mail, UPS, DHL and many others. We supply the components to the first fully electric and driverless race-car and racing series, Roborace, and we supply components to Charge Cars and their brand-new electric Mustangs. Plus, we are recognised by LinkedIn as one of their Top Startups 2019: The 25 hottest UK companies to work for right now, as well as being the world’s newest Unicorn with a €3 billion valuation.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and we are seeking a Systems Design Engineer to our factory in Banbury.
- Design of control systems for robotic cells (safety/electrical/electronic/pneumatic);
- Design of wiring routes and control system lay-outs;
- Provide engineering skills to develop software and hardware control solutions, program automation controllers including PLC/PAC controllers;
- Provide engineering support for the design, programming, installation, modification, troubleshooting and improvement of control systems of robotic cells.
- Good knowledge of automation industrial equipment model range and its benefits;
- Experience with design and commissioning of Safety PLC networks, including knowledge of European and British Industrial Safety Standard;
- Knowledge of global OEM PLC standards and Functional Safety Engineer certificate like FS Eng (TÜV Rheinland) or similar;
- Software programming abilities (Java, Python);
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of problems including control system problems, networking problems, workstation and server problems;
- Creative and innovative thinking.
We’d love it if you have:
A hunger to learn.
A huge desire to achieve.
The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you.