At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we’ve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver.
As an Automotive Detailer, you will learn how to support our drivers and passengers by providing them with incredibly fast, top quality service so they can rely on clean, safe, well-maintained vehicles. (Internal Business Title is Automotive Service Associate)
- Performs basic maintenance check and service operations of workflow system including but not limited to determining the proper fluid levels and cleaning the vehicle exterior and interior
- Clean exterior and interior of vehicle according to prescribed quality standards; This includes polishing, cleaning, vacuuming, windows, floor, floor mats, seats, dashboard, armrest, doors, trunk, etc. In many instances, these tasks will be completed by hand
- Shuttling vehicles to and from washes, body shops, and dealerships for servicing in addition to vehicle transports to and from offices
- Verifying appropriate vehicle identification is attached to vehicles
- Maintaining an organized lot for all vehicle needs utilizing lot maps, windshield markers, and valet key box
- Updating fleet-related trackers or spreadsheets
- Greeting customers and/or assisting with other customer service related duties as assigned by the leadership team
- Continuously improving processes and procedures to increase efficiency and eliminate waste
- Must have at least 6 months of work experience, preferably in the automotive industry
- Has basic knowledge of auto detailing, vehicle inspection and maintenance
- Understands how to do quality work (do the job exactly right the first time)
- Possesses the ability and desire to learn
- Customer service mentality
- Google suite proficiency
- Must be comfortable working outside, including in inclement weather
- A valid unrestricted driver's license, satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft's policy required
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
The hourly rate for this position is $ 19.20/hr.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.