Who we are
Over the last thirteen years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across a range of payment products. From travel money to money transfers, currency hedging to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from a variety of backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. Technology is at the heart of what we do, and the business is committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and expert personal service. We're united by one thing - we aim to help customers get more for their money - so they can make the most of their time.
As a business we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and expert personal service. We’re doing that by hiring amazing people and as we move into 2021 we are looking for a Marketing Communications Executive who has strong knowledge of B2B marketing as well as experience of B2C. An ambitious self-starter with natural interpersonal skills who wants to help scale our marketing activity, delivering business impact and driving continuous improvement, whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills. Experienced strategic knowledge of copywriting, social media, event management and digital marketing will be crucial in developing our communication strategy and conveying a clear and simple message to our audience.
With our headquarters in London and Chester, the Equals Group is made up of 3 business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney, and this role is embedded within our cross-functional product squads, working closely with the broader marketing team and others across the business. You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from a variety of backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. We're united by one thing - we're passionate about building great products.
- Promote the Equals Group’s products and services by coordinating the design of promotional material, campaigns and marketing collateral across all channels.
- Track ROI for all marketing campaigns, and deliver detailed reporting and metrics on activity results and campaign effectiveness
- Use data to make real-time adjustments and proactively identify trends and opportunities.
- Build relationships and brief press contacts, PR team(s) and external agencies
- High levels of communication expertise, liaising with other teams across the business, e.g. engineering, design, product development, etc. and in particular the sales team to create new collateral.
- Keep material up-to-date and relevant on a monthly basis
- Produce marketing copy and manage the company's websites, updating content, news and case studies.
- Also work with the design team to maintain and expand a content and social media asset library (photography, animation, video, illustration, etc.)
- Manage company assets including creative, sales collateral and PDFs, ensuring all are kept up-to-date and accessible through our CRM platform
- Make recommendations that support the success of the Group by contributing to overall marketing planning strategy and development
Social media & events
- High-level of experience with social media marketing campaigns, creating content and using content marketing, social media, and outreach tactics to grow traffic and conversions
- Ability to establish an ongoing social media calendar and plan based around PR and content for the Equals Group
- Experience of using HubSpot to schedule posts and report on performance
- Drive traffic to content and/or product pages to support SEO strategy
- Increase following and engagement for Equals Money social channels, specifically Twitter and LinkedIn
- Work with Customer Service team to gather customer feedback from them to inform sales and product teams.
- Help sales and marketing coordinate events (online and in-person); pre-event communications, presentation reviews, collateral production, event set-up, ROI reporting, etc
- Network with industry experts and potential clients to drive brand awareness
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against a peer group of the most innovative fintech companies in London.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off.
- Tons of opportunities for progression and development.
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
- A flexible working environment.
- Currently the company is embracing remote working and open to flexible working arrangements. Ideally we would want employees to be able to collaborate in person at our London or Chester offices and therefore need to be in comfortable commuting distance from either location.
Personal qualities & attributes
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist or similar role preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth financial services environment.
- Must have a strong knowledge of B2B marketing as well as experience of B2C.
- Understand and communicate creative concepts to different audiences.
- An enthusiasm to learn about all aspects of the organisation and be able to tease out clear and compelling stories, thinking creatively about how to promote and share them.
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics, a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Hands-on experience of delivering integrated marketing campaigns.
- Excellent end-to-end project and budget management experience.
- Results-driven, dynamic, forward thinking, innovative and agile.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment.
- Independent, enterprising, self-starter, taking on a high level of responsibility, and driving continuous improvement working across multiple, varied projects at the same time.
- High levels of verbal and written communication expertise, ability to build trust-based relationships and inspire high confidence with internal stakeholders across the business.
- Problem solving, logical thinker with meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivator with excellent organisational skills.
- Strong team player.
- Role model for our values: Make things happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond.
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.