As a Back-End Developer, you will serve as the gatekeeper to all data at SocialCops. You will abstract away complex data interactions with easy-to-use APIs that will power web applications. While data should be easily accessible to those who need it, you must also ensure that it does not fall into the wrong hands.
The ideal Back-End Developers are polyglots who are fluent in HTTP and always pick the right set of tools for the job at hand. They understand what it takes to work in a startup environment and know when to trade performance for development speed. They are critical to the success of many products at SocialCops. They fail fast, learn faster, and execute almost instantly.
Interested, but not ready to apply just yet? Sign up
for updates from our team, and we'll keep you updated about how we're growing and tell you about future opportunities as they come up!
- Work with a team of engineers, growth marketers, designers, and entrepreneurs, all united by a common mission to drive the most important decisions that will affect humanity.
- Work on complex data problems.
- Our fail wall will be your claim to fame.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to create elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to consistently apply best practices and improve our technology.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java/C# on a UNIX or Linux/Windows platform).
- Solid software development background, including design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
- Solid experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Software development experience in AWS, S3, building web services and highly scalable applications or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Leadership qualities of hustle, curiosity and generosity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
SocialCops is a data intelligence company that is empowering leaders in organizations globally including the United Nations & Unilever. Our platform powers over 150 organizations across 28 countries. As a pioneering tech startup, SocialCops was recognized in the list of Technology Pioneers 2018 by World Economic Forum and by the New York Times in the list of 30 global visionaries. We were also part of the Google Launchpad Accelerator 2018. Aasaan jobs named SocialCops as one of the best Indian startups to work for in 2018.