This is a full-time role based in Portland, OR.
We are a young start-up seeking an experienced, senior Back-End Services Engineer interested in having a large impact on the early stages of an exciting project. We’re a distributed team located in Portland, OR and Los Angeles, CA, building a unique user experience and IoT infrastructure for the automotive industry - a smart workspace on wheels.
- Create REST services for mobile and web targeted applications for fleet management, smart device control, and customer vehicle bookings
- Create and manage database schema and topology
- Manage cloud infrastructure
- Participate in Architecture discussions, and design individual features
- Collaborate closely with Vibe’s co-founders and CTO to plan and execute projects
- Strong ability with one or more of: Python, Java, Scala, Node.js.
- 5+ years experience in services development
- Experience with design and implementation of REST services
- Experience with AWS, specifically S3, EC2, Lambda, and IoT
- Experience with agile, Jira, Git
- Experience with Databases, NoSQL and SQL
- Ability to work closely with front-end and IoT developers in developing architecture
- Experience with MQTT and other IoT technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of RV-C, CAN, OBDII, and other vehicle technologies is a plus
- Highly motivated independent thinker
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats, with a desire to both learn and teach
If you meet some of our preferred qualifications, and want to learn the rest, send us your resume and some words about why you think you’re a good candidate to email@example.com and we’ll reach out if it’s a fit.