We are a big technology company, but this opportunity is specifically for an important role on a small team. This ambitious team is thinking every day about how to use the latest technology to build new exciting services that will be used by millions of people. We really need someone special to join us and help lead the back end development.
Work will focus on building a service that combines many different 3rd party API integrations.
You must be confident in code quality and execution, working in an agile team.
Industry knowledge and understanding of the e-commerce and B2B SaaS is a plus.
Office location - Bangkok, Thailand.
Technology you should be comfortable with or interested in learning: OpenStack, Scala, Node.js, SQL, Go, Python, RabbitMQ, Redis, REST API’s
- Implementation of API endpoints for data manipulation and processes.
- Build and maintain core application features.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Collaborate in all project planning.
- Work with both front-end and back-end web developers.
- Prioritize tasks and coordinate work within the team.
- Engaging with current team to improve and optimize current code and planning practices.
- Be prepared to lead strategic technology decisions.
- Take responsibility for successful delivery of solutions.
- You will also be bridging the gap between the user experience and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both.
YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT IF…
- You are passionate about TDD.
- You care about both user experience and developer experience.
- You write DRY, readable, and modular code.
- Are interested in learning new programming languages and tools.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS (NOT 100% REQUIRED):
- Strong experience building and improving scalable applications.
- Experience with using ORM and MVC frameworks.
- Experience with HTTP, WebSocket, and Message Queue protocols.
- Experience designing and building Restful APIs using Django Rest Framework.
- Ability to learn and integrate 3rd party API’s quickly into existing applications.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Familiarity with session and authentication best practices, access control, and preventing CSRF.
- Familiarity with how front-end frameworks work such as Angular, Backbone, React JS, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, GitHub.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
This is a permanent, full time position working on-site in our offices at Central World in downtown Bangkok, Thailand. We are open to candidates from all nationalities and will help with relocation if you are not currently based here.