Ambassador is looking for talented Backend Engineers who are interested in solving complex problems and shipping beautiful products as part of an ambitious, world-class engineering team.
Ambassador engineers demand quality and efficiency, and love taking on responsibility and the freedom to make a large impact.
As an Ambassador engineer you will ship code on your first day and immediately begin contributing meaningful value to the team.
What You'll Do
- Design and build scalable services and drive major architecture implementations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship extraordinary productsPractice disciplined software engineering (automated testing, code reviews, and clean, pragmatic code)
- Rapidly iterate to improve performance and incorporate user feedback and insights
- Be flexible, grow, and learn fast in a fun yet professional startup environment
- Familiarity with several programming languages, frameworks, and architectures with significant experience in at least one. Our backend stack includes but is not limited to Django Rest Framework, Tornado, Celery, Redis, and Postgres
- Solid understanding of interacting with remote data, third-party libraries, and APIs. We integrate with social APIs, eCommerce platforms, and other third-party services such as Twilio and Stripe
- Experience creating and deploying applications from the ground up
- Self-starting and understands the big picture
- Always looking to improve practices and processes
- Attention to detail, good judgement, excellent communication, and a great attitude
Ambassador is the leading Referral Marketing Automation platform for businesses of all sizes across the globe. Our platform provides a robust & customizable solution for marketers seeking to leverage the power of their existing customers to generate new business. Founded in 2010, and proudly based in Metro Detroit, Ambassador is one of Michigan’s fastest growing tech startups and was named #321 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list. Ambassador is a growing team of ‘smart creatives’ who are passionate about creating and defining “Ambassador Marketing” and earned us a spot on Crain's list of "Coolest Places to Work" in Michigan.